Crispy gourmet kale and fresh romaine lettuce topped with lemon roasted salmon, doesn’t that sound mouth-watering to you? Well, this is just a part of one of my favourite salads that I get the pleasure of having for lunch today. Not only is it healthy and rich in protein, but it’s also full of so much delicious goodness – you won’t believe a salad can be all three. If you’re looking for something yummy to pack for lunch that will help keep you full, jump on my bandwagon and give this puppy a try!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 cup chopped organic romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped organic kale
- ½ cup cooked organic quinoa (or your favorite grain)
- 150 g of salmon (wild or organically farmed)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (sliced and diced)
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- ½ tbsp feta cheese
- Pepper, salt and Italian seasoning to taste
- 2 slices of lemon
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste
Prep time: approximately 25-35 min
Makes: 1 single serving
- Preheat oven – set to high broil and place baking rack on the highest bar, closest to the heat as possible.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and top with 2 slices of lemon. Take glass-baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and place seasoned salmon on the baking sheet.
- Place the salmon in the oven and broil on high for 8-12 minutes, or just until opaque. Allow salmon to cool before flaking apart with a fork.
While your salmon is roasting:
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Place romaine lettuce and kale in a bowl and drizzle with the lemon-balsamic vinaigrette. Toss to combine.
- Toss in quinoa, almonds, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, salmon and enjoy!
If you want to read up on the importance of choosing wild or organically farmed salmon and its health benefits see: 7 Health Benefits of Salmon to Improve Your Vitality.
For the Amazing Benefits of Kale: