I don’t know about you, but when summer comes around I’m always craving ice cream. While indulging in this delectable dessert is a great way to beat the heat, a lot of store bought ice cream/popsicles are often loaded with artificial sugars, sweeteners and a lot of other not-so-good-for-you additives. That’s why I came up with a healthier and still very tasty alternative – frozen fruit and yogurt pops. Try this recipe and I promise you, your taste buds will love you!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 ½ cup plain vanilla yogurt (or your choice of flavour)
- 1/2 cup of sliced fruit (strawberries, blueberries and kiwi – or your choice of fruit)
- Large silicone ice cube tray (6 cubes)
- 6 popsicle sticks
Prep time: 10-15 min
Freeze time: 4-6 hours
Makes: 6 pops
- Fill the large silicone ice cube tray (each cube) halfway with yogurt.
2. Add the sliced fruit to each cube in the tray.
- Fill the rest of the tray (each cube) with the remaining yogurt.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each cube.
- Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- Take out of the freezer and serve.
Side Note: I choose to use a silicone ice cube tray because it’s easier to remove the frozen popsicles out of this type of container rather than a traditional plastic ice cube tray.
What types of frozen treats do you like?
2 thoughts on “Yummy Fruit & Frozen Yogurt Pops [Recipe]”
I can’t wait to try this!
The recipes on your blog all sound fantastic! I’m a big fan on making my own frozen snacks in the summer. It’s nice to good sense of how much sugar and specifically what ingredients have gone into my frozen treats.